Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lemon Chicken with Oregano and Feta

I had an idea in my head of what I wanted to make, and luckily Le Petit Pierogi had this recipe in her blog that matched exactly what I was thinking! This was super good and healthy for you! (Recipe originally adapted from here).

Ingredients

* 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
* Juice of 1/2 lemon
* 1 garlic clove, minced (I omitted)
* Oregano to taste (I used a BUNCH... mmm oregano)
* Salt
* Pepper
* Feta cheese, crumbled (I used sundried tomato and basil flavor)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Place chicken breasts in dish and sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and oregano. Squeeze lemon liberally over chicken.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on size of chicken breasts (mine only took about 22 minutes). Add feta cheese on top of the chicken for the last few minutes of baking.

2 comments:

Kristen616 said...

Yay glad you liked it!!! I'm actually due to make that again...it's been a while!!!

Mary Beth said...

I'm making this on Monday...looks yummy! Where did you find your cute blog layout?