Sunday, October 11, 2009

White Chicken Lasagna

MMM lasagna... one of my favorite meals ever... this dish with the white sauce was a nice change from your typical lasagna. (Full recipe found here and posted below, although I cut in half and used an 8x8 dish).

INGREDIENTS

* 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
* 1 shallot, minced (I omitted)
* 3 tbsp butter
* 4 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
* 2 cans cream of chicken soup
* 1- 8oz. package cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
* 2 cups sour cream (I used fat free)
* 2/3 cup milk (I used skim)
* 1 lb. lasagna noodles, cooked & rinse in cold water
* 1 lb. mozzarella cheese, grated

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large sauce pan, over medium heat, brown shallots & garlic in butter. Add cream cheese, cream soup, sour cream & milk. Stir until cream cheese is melted. Add chicken.
2. In a 9x13 glass baking dish layer noodles, white sauce with chicken, then cheese. Repeat steps, ending with mozzarella cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yummmmm! I made this tonight. it was SOOOOOO good. thanks for the receipe.