Thursday, December 4, 2008

Awesome Broccoli Cheese Casserole

I knew I wanted to serve broccoli as a side for Thanksgiving, but I wanted something a little interesting. After finding this recipe on AllRecipes, I knew I had to try it!

PS - Sorry for the not-so-pretty picture! :(

Ingredients

* 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of onion)
* 1 cup mayonaisse
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
* 3 ten-ounce packages frozen chopped broccoli
* 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 2 pinches paprika (I omitted)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together cream of mushroom soup, mayo, egg, and onion.
3. Place frozen broccoli in a very large mixing bowl. Break up the frozen broccoli.
4. Using a rubber spatula, scrape soup/mayo mixture on top of broccoli and mix well.
5. Sprinkle cheese in and mix well.
6. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish and smooth top of casserole. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
7. Bake for 45-60 minutes.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This is one of my fave casseroles :)