Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mom's Cheesy Potatoes

My mom has been making this since I was little. It's one of my favorite dishes ever!! We served it as a side for Thanksgiving. Yum!

Ingredients

* 1.5 lbs Ore Ida frozen has browns (thawed)
* 1 can Campbell's cream of mushroom soup (I use cream of onion b/c I hate mushrooms)
* 3/4 lb sour cream (I use about 1 lb... mmm)
* 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* 1 stick melted butter

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl, but only half of the cheese. (I forgot to leave half the cheese out and mixed it all in. Oops.)
3. Mix in melted butter.
4. (Add in bacon bits if you want. I didn't this time.)
5. Scoop mixture into 9x13 pan. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
6. Bake for one hour.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds like pure comfort food! Delicious :). I'd like to share your mom's recipe with our readers. Please let me know if you're interested!

Sophie, Key Ingredient Chief Blogger
sophie@keyingredient.com