Sunday, August 24, 2008

Yummy Turkey Muenster Lasagna

I got this recipe from my mom who recently ate it at a friend's house. She gave me the approximate recipe over the phone. I always err on the side of more cheese and more garlic, so use whatever suits your taste. Also, sorry for the crappy pic. We were so hungry that we didn't want to let it cool... so the pieces kind of fell apart. Oh well!

Ingredients

* 12 no-boil lasagna noodles (I used the small Barilla ones)
* 1 lb. lean ground turkey
* Appx. 26 oz. spaghetti sauce (I used Prego traditional)
* 3/4 lb. muenster cheese - slices or shredded
* 24 oz. small curd cottage cheese
* 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (I used more than that.. we love cheese)
* 1 tsp. garlic powder (I used fresh minced garlic and put way more than 1 tsp.)
* 2 tbsp. parsley
* 2 eggs

Directions

1. Grease a 9x13 pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown ground turkey; drain.
3. Combined second group of ingredients in bowl and mix (cottage cheese, parm cheese, garlic powder, parsley, eggs).
4. Spread one cup of spaghetti sauce on bottom of pan.
5. Layer 4 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 of browned ground turkey, and one cup of sauce.
6. Layer 4 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture, and 1 1/2 cups of spaghetti sauce.
7. Layer 4 lasagna noodles, the remaining cottage cheese mixture, remaining ground turkey, and 1 cup of sauce.
8. Layer 4 lasagna noodles and remaining spaghetti sauce.
9. Add shredded/sliced muenster cheese on top.
10. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.

This was really yummy! Next time I will definitely let it cool longer before we scarf it down. I might also try using a flavored spaghetti sauce, maybe garlic.

No comments: