Monday, March 2, 2009

Asparagus Roll-Ups

I have to give (most) credit to Molly of MyHappyMeals... I told her today that I had bought some asparagus and asked her what I should do with it. She started telling me about this Rachael Ray recipe using crescents and cheese spread... of course I was instantly intrigued since crescents and cheese are some of my favorite foods! She eventually found Rachael's recipe online and linked me to it... and I knew that I just had to make this for dinner tonight.

This recipe was SO good! I have to admit that this was my first time ever buying asparagus and eating it at home... but this was so yummy that I'm sure I'll be making it over and over again! Enjoy!

PS ~ I halved Rachael's recipe so that I didn't have too much food (since Keith doesn't eat veggies). Halved recipe is below.

Ingredients

* 1 sheet Pillsbury Recipe Creations (crescent sheet without the cuts)
* Appx 3 oz. soft herbed cheese (I used Rondele Pub Cheese: Garlic and Herbs)
* 6-7 asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Unroll sheet of dough onto flat surface and spread cheese all over.
3. Cut sheet of dough into
6-7 strips, appx 1"x9"
4. Starting on the diagonal, roll up each of the asparagus spears with a strip of dough in a spiral shape. Make sure to leave a little of the tip at the end of the asparagus sticking out on each end.
5. Transfer dough-wrapped spears to a parchment lined or greased bakign sheet. Bake until golden brown and puffed, appx 12-15 minutes. Serve warm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great appetizer :)

Mrs.CFH2 said...

yay yay yay! did it seem too heavy since i guided you wrong about the puff pastry/crescent rolls? they look fabulous!

Jennifer said...

I've awarded you the Lemonade & Fabulous blog awards, check out my blog for details