A HUGE thanks to Pioneer Woman for this recipe!
* 1 lb shrimp
* 3/4 lb penne pasta (I used Mezze Penne)
* Olive oil
* 1 small onion
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1/2 cup white wine
* 8 oz tomato sauce
* 1 cup heavy cream
* Fresh parsley
* Fresh basil
* Salt & pepper
1. Cook the penne pasta until al dente.
2. Peel, devein, and rinse 1 lb of extra large shrimp (I used large). Heat about 1 tbsp butter and olive oil in a skillet. Add the shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes until just opaque. Do not overcook! Remove shrimp to a plate and let cool.
3. Finely dice one small onion. Mince two cloves garlic.
4. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the garlic and onion and saute, stirring occasionally. Now, put the cooked shrimp on the cutting board, pull off the tails, and chop shrimp into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
5. After the garlic and onions have cooked a bit, add the white wine. Let the wine evaporate for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add 8 oz plain tomato sauce and stir until well combined. Add 1 cup heavy cream. Continue stirring. Turn the heat down to low and let simmer while you chop your herbs (about 1 tbsp parsley and 1 tbsp basil).
7. Add your the chopped shrimp back into the tomato cream sauce. Stir and add salt/pepper. Add herbs and stir until well combined.
8. Add pasta and stir everything together.