Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cheez-It Encrusted/Asiago Stuffed Chicken

Umm chicken and cheez-its??? Yum!! I knew Keith would LOVE this recipe b/c those are 2 of his favorite things. I thought it was really good as well. I found this on the What We're Eating website and then added the cheese stuffed inside. You should really make this! (Recipe serves 2.)

Ingredients

* Appx 2 cups cracker crumbs made from Cheez-Its
* 1 tbsp minced fresh dill (I used dry)
* 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley (I used dry)
* 1/2 tbsp minced fresh oregano (I used dry)
* 1/2 tbsp minced fresh rosemary (I used dry)
* 1 tbsp minced fresh thyme (I used dry)
* 1 clove minced garlic (I used 2 cloves.. mmm.. garlic)
* 2 tbsp hot sauce (I used a little more)
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
* 1/2 cup flour, for dusting
* Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
* 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry, cut in half horizontally 3/4 of the way through (so you can stuff the inside)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On large plate add the first 7 ingredients. Stir to combine thoroughly.
2. Place the flour in a second plate. Season w/ kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, stir to combine.
3. To a wide bowl add the egg and 2 tbsp hot sauce. Whisk until the egg is frothy.
4. Open each chicken breast up and sprinkle asiago cheese inside the middle. Fold chicken back over to original shape.
5. Season all sides of the chicken breast with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
6. Dredge the breasts in the flour, shaking off all excess. Dip the lightly floured breasts, on at a time, into the hot sauce and egg mixture, coating both sides.
7. Next, press each of the breasts into the Cheez-It herb mixture, making sure all sides are thoroughly coated.
8. Place the Cheez-It encrusted breasts onto a sheet pan. If there the crust isn’t sticking, press a little bit of the Cheez-It mixture onto the top of the breast once it has been placed on the sheet pan. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until just cooked through.

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Yay for cheez-it chicken! Next time I make it, I'm going to try asiago - sounds like a perfect combo.

Cara said...

This sounds really good. Great idea to also stuff it--surprises all around!

pay per head said...

Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.