Saturday, April 4, 2009

Shrimp Alfredo

Yep, another pasta recipe! This was really tasty :)

Ingredients

* Large shrimp, as many as you'd like (I used about 10 for myself because Keith doesn't really like shrimp. Mine were pre-cooked.)
* Appx 8 oz uncooked pasta (I used a tri-color "Creste di Gallo")
* Fresh basil, chopped
* Appx 6 cloves garlic, minced
* Bacon crumbles
* Red pepper flakes, to taste
* Appx 8 oz jarred alfredo sauce
* EVOO

Directions

1. Begin boiling pasta and cook until al dente.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat some EVOO in a large frying pan. Add your garlic and then basil to saute, then the shrimp for a few minutes until just heated through (since mine was pre-cooked).
3. When pasta is done, drain and return to pot. Keep stove on low. Add your shrimp/garlic/basil mixture to pasta. Add alfredo sauce, bacon crumbles, and red pepper flakes. Stir everything together. Enjoy. (I chose to leave my tails on my shrimp and then just cut them off as I ate, but it's probably better to cut them off to begin with if your shrimp aren't already de-tailed.)

No comments: