Monday, May 11, 2009

Balsamic Potatoes

I originally intended to make this recipe from Messily Ever After, but I decided to simplify a little bit and only use the ingredients I happened to have in the house. This was really easy to make and pretty good! Plus the light balsamic vinaigrette with the fat-free feta cheese made it pretty healthy!

Ingredients (for one serving)

* 2-3 medium size red potatoes, cut into wedges
* 1 tbsp water
* 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil (my fresh basil had gone bad, so I used dried)
* 1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette dressing
* Fat-free feta cheese crumbles (I used basil tomato flavor)

Directions

1. Place potato wedges in a large microwave-safe bowl; add 1 tablespoon water.
2. Cover with plastic wrap, vent (do not allow plastic wrap to touch food). Microwave on high 5-6 minutes, or until tender; drain.
3. Stir in vinaigrette and basil. Top each serving with cheese.

No comments: